Sunday 1 March 2015

Queen of Hearts-DT card for The Corrosive Challenge Blog





Hello darlings!
It's time again for another fortnightly challenge at The Corrosive Challenge Blog!
;)
Our theme for this challenge is Follow Your Heart
-include hearts in your project-
Our sponsor is Faery Ink
This is the first Faery Ink image I've worked with, and isn't Queen of Hearts delightful!
 I have a few more of Amanda's sweet images I'll be coloring up.
One, is a very kewl owl.
You can find  it, as well as some other awesome freebies on the Faery Ink fb page here.
 And you can find more inspiration on the Faery Ink challenge blog.
Once again I've used watercolors to do the background for this image. 
I love using them!
I poured lots of shabby white Frantage over all of the lovely layers. Embossing each layer as I built it.
I've been thinking of doing a little tutorial on just exactly how I do that.
I have no idea how to make a video so I'd have to figure that out first but maybe a picture tutorial first.
I was soooo tempted to use the black and white harlequin paper but I didn't want to look like I'm over using that paper. Ha!
So instead I went with some Pion papers, and did the matting in kraft paper instead of my usual black.
 I love the Pion papers for when I don't really want to see a lot of background color.
 Just some hint, or hue, or reflection of a muted color.
 And of course the more you cover it up with stuff, the less you even notice what color it is.
So always another good choice for when you can't decide on what color or pattern paper to use.
 The sentiment,"Do all things with love!"
 is from a Kraftin Kimmie stamp.
I added a mini playing card from a little deck of cards that I picked up at the dollar store. 
 A little bling paperclip, a strip of lace, a bit of cheese cloth, and a feathered butterfly that I altered with diamond stickles were all used in creating this card. 
I haven't decided if it will be a Valentine, or an all occasion card.

Well I had an interesting day Saturday!
First I showed up at my husband's niece's home for her baby shower only to find out it's next Saturday!
 It was only RSVP by today! Ugh!.
When we pulled up I was wondering why there were no cars in the driveway.
No problem, we had a nice car ride with Isabella. 
Then my bestie came over, and we went out for dinner, where we talked and laughed for a couple of hours.
 I gave her a beautiful Valentine, and after that we went to a
 Stella and Dot party at the home of a mutual friend.
My first ever Stella and Dot party!
And it was a wine and cheese party so it was a lot of fun!
 I wasn't expecting to like any of the product except for some of the pouches and clutches.(which I already have)
Seriously the jewelry in the catalog never caught my fancy...
so I was surprised at how much of it I really liked in real life!
 I love how it looks when it all gets layered together, and I am all about the layers right now.
I chose a couple of fun pieces, but I had to use a little restraint!
Of course I will share pics when it arrives!
I haven't really bought any costume jewelry for about 7 years because I just stopped wearing it or caring about it.
Meh, time to change it up... 

If you have a project that has hearts on it, be sure to join us at TCCB and play along.
There's a prize of 3 digis-your choice from the Faery Ink store for the random winner.
 My teamies and I are enjoying picking out our favorite entries from each challenge, which gets featured on the Corrosive Blog.
Thanks for stopping in today! Have a fabulous Sunday!
B-U-nique! Hugs!

Recipe:
Skin: E000, E00,E11,E21,R20,E04
Red: R22,R32,R29,R59
White: C0, C1,C3
Roses: V000,V04,V06,V09
Black: C1,C3,C5,C10
Gold, YR23,Y15,Y11,Y28,FY1
Hair:YR04,YR18,E09,E18









1 comment:

VictoriaG said...

Oh yes to the photo tutorial on building up your frantage!!! That would be awesome! I love your card...just beautiful! I wouldn't even know where to begin starting a card like this!
~Victoria