Sunday 4 January 2015

Steampunk Dark Angel-DT Card for The Corrosive Challenge Blog




 Hello my darlings!
Happy New Year!
I hope everyone is having a great 2015!
After 3 weeks of having the flu and feeling ick, I am finally on the mend!
Today I'm sharing the card I made for the new challenge happening at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
Our theme this fortnight is Shiny and New.
 You can make a card for anything "new" (baby, marriage, etc), use something new, and/or use something shiny.
Or sponsor for this challenge is Aurora Wings.
http://www.aurorawings.com/digital-stamps-shop.html

 I love Mitzi's fantasy art work, and it was my pleasure to work with this awesome image,
"Steampunk Dark Angel".
As you can see I was all about the shiny!!
I used shiny silver paper to make the mirror in the ornate die cut frame.
If you look for it you can see the 5 tiny brass watch parts I incorporated into the wings. 

I also feeling a renewed creative drive
 and hope to make 2015 my most creative, productive year yet so I made this card to reflect some of that.
Be sure to link up your shiny new creation with us and you could win a $15 gift certificate and pick out some lovely Aurora Wing digis for your collection.

I also wanted to share a couple of pictures showing the aftermath of the creative holidayz I just went through.
 
I haven't made any dough art or had a craft show for the last 7 years, but decided I would  make a few dough art ornaments, and have a craft show in my house the last weekend before Christmas. I know! Who does that!?
I had a month to prepare and thought I had lots of time but I ended up  getting a crazy cold and flu/fever the week of my craft show.
There were so many things I still wanted to get done...like make a face book page for my cards and ornaments...that's to come still.
Thanks to my kids, and sister, Anne, and bf,Jan for all the help you gave me! 
 

I have supplies everywhere, and everything just got put somewhere, and everywhere, while I was trying to clean up for Christmas.
Now to get everything organized so I can find what I'm looking for.
Thanks for stopping in!
B-Unique! Hugs!


No where on the floor to walk really

There's a desk top under there somewhere

Recipe:
Skin:E000,E00,E21,E11,R20
Hair: BG49,BG72
Wings:Y35,Y38,E15
Boots/Gloves:C3,C5,C7,100,R27
Dress:R81,R83,R85,RV69





1 comment:

Regan said...

Beautifully Steampunk! Love the harlequin paper and all the gears! Fab sentiment too and as always your coloring is exquisite! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with creative chaos in the house! lol I'm hoping to get more organized in 2015 too.
{hugs}
Regan