Wednesday 12 March 2014

Tiddly Inks Fairy Fae Catches A Star-Colour Along With Alyce





Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing the card I made using the image  Fairy Fae Catches Stars from Tiddly Inks.
I colored this image up while watching another video of Colour Along with Alyce.
I wasn't able to color along live but watched the video a few days later.
 It will still be up for a couple of more weeks and you can watch it here.
In this session Alyced focused on coloring pleats.
 This was a fairly new technique for me but I'm pretty happy with how this image turned out.
I even tried doing a little water color around the image but the only water colors I own are a very light icy toned pallet of Sparkling H20's.
 I think I've had that pallet for 6 years or more and have now used it twice.
Last week I decided to sign up for the Skin and Hair class Alyce is offering and I'm glad I did.
 I feel like I have a better idea now on how to color hair in a way that I like.
I was worried the classes might be too beginner for me but there was a ton of new information to discover which I was very pleased with! Now just to put it all into practice.
I sprinkled a little Frantage around the image and also embossed the oval label, chipboard corners, and the Prima resin star.
I used some Crystal Effects and clear glass marbles over the wings.
 It took a little away from all the detail I had just colored into the wings but still gave the wings a really interesting look and tons of texture.
I found this wonderful piece of gold star lame ribbon in my stash and had the perfect two toned purple and green sheer ribbon to turn into a bow. 
The sentiment,"You Are My Inspiration" was stamped into white clay and painted with mica powders before baking.
The paper is from a discontinued Prima pack called Firefly.
Thanks fro stopping by today! Hugs!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Kit and Clowder March Challenge
Make It Monday Anything goes



4 comments:

Jan said...

Lovin' the Frantage! Beautiful card!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card, adorable image and I love all of the Frantage! Popped over from MIM!
Tammy x

Regan said...

This is so very gorgeous, Debora! I'm going to have to make time to do this color along! I need help with my pleats! Love this magical card!
{hugs}
Regan

Creepy Glowbugg said...

GORGEOUS!
Lucky you! I couldn't make the financial commitment to take Alyce's classes, but am thinking I should have, anyway. Pleats and hair are my worst coloring techniques at the moment. Practice makes perfect, huh?