Sunday 1 September 2013

Acorn Mouse-The Corrosive Challenge #182










 

Hello, today I'm sharing the card I made for the All About Fall challenge at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
Our sponsor this week is Meljen Designs and  I've used her adorable digi called Acorn Mouse.
You can also find the Meljen Designs Challenge Blog here.
The papers are from Graphic 45 Wonderland.
I added a skeleton leaf, a paper flower, some Recollections, and a brass acorn charm which I was surprised I had in my charm stash.
The sentiment is from Kraftin Kimmie. 
 Today's blog is short because it's after midnight here and I've been busy all day setting up new bedroom furniture, and mattress. Also running around looking for new sheets and duvet cover.
Now that that's all done and mostly in place, I can't wait to get into my new bed and lay my head on my new pillow.
My husband and I picked everything out together,from sheets and pillow cases to lamps and bedroom sets, and I'm happy to say that we made it through that whole ordeal hardly scathed and our marriage is still intact. There were a few issues when it came to pillows cases though. We use different size pillows so we have to buy standard and King pillow cases and that just makes it hard to buy anything in sets. What a gong show trying to find a duvet! What is with all those drab grey an taupe colors? I couldn't find anything with red in in like I wanted. And then when I did find a suitable style duvet I liked, it had to pass hubby's "how does it feel? Is it itchy? No polyester" inspection.
4 days of shopping and moving furniture around...over...and yes I'm looking forward to a yummy sleep!
Thanks for stopping by, hugs!

I'll edit tomorrow with the color recipe.





2 comments:

Regan said...

Sounds like a busy four days! I hope you enjoyed your sleep last night! Your card is incredible, Debora! I love that Graphic 45 paper! Phenomenal coloring and the stippling around the image is such a cool effect! Love that you had an acorn charm too- how perfect!
{hugs}
Regan

Jasmine said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Debora. Glad to hear you made through a bedroom makeover relatively unscathed, LOL. It is SO hard making all those decisions, and trying to find everything you have pictured in your mind. Your card came out amazing, your coloring just blows me away, and your papers and embellies are just perfection. I'd love to see your stash! Hope you got a good nights rest in the new bed!